Sunday, March 27, 2011

Families Bring So Much to Spring Leaves FAMILY Learning

Time to revive our Spring Leaves blog, I thought to myself. And the first photos I found were of Leafers trying on the Kikuchis' festive Japanese clothing for our New Year celebration. (New Year in Japan is like Christmas here in Canada ... a very special family holiday.)

This reminded me of the importance — the breadth and depth and diversity and richness — of learning experiences facilitated by our Spring Leaves families. The Kikuchis shared their New Year celebration with us in early January and planted tomato seeds with us recently.

David Ohnona shared some Hanukkah festivities with us last December. Wendi organized a Fibre Day with spinning, knitting, carding and making woollen toys. Remember Joanne's mandalas? Followed by Kimberly and Ebony's mandalas? Karen has done some wonderful science workshops for us. Renee represents us in school district meetings and provides a beautiful home for our Solstice get-togethers. Lisa is arranging a field trip to the museum for us. And who have I missed? Parents who aren't able to contribute in that way bring their loving spirit and energy to our group nonetheless.

Please know how much I appreciate all your gifts to our wonderful little (but growing) group!

Such concentration!


Mandala making

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?