I'm really excited about our first Tuesday session. I'll be trying to use this blog to keep everyone updated on upcoming projects and explorations, and occasionally to put out the call for extra parent help or materials you might want to bring from home.
Tomorrow's projects:
-ROCKETS! We'll talk about aerodynamics and ballistics, and build some paper rockets. The launcher uses compressed air, and (weather permitting) we'll get to do some launching in the field. This is a great introduction to trial-and-error science, lots of fun, and low-powered enough that we don't need clearance from Transport Canada.
-Percussion Instruments. It's time to refurbish our collection of hand-built percussion instrument. This will give us a chance to experiment with different sounds, and to use our art skills. We'll also talk about new instruments to make at a future session.
See you there!
2 comments:
Rockets sound fun, unfortunately Sean and I will miss this class but I'm hoping Niall will hvae some time for rocket fun with Graeme. Your comment about getting clearance from Transport Canada put a smile on Seans face.....
As a side note 2011 Childrens Festival now has a theme.....SCIENCE....science of every kind, physics, chemisrty, biology, nature, renewable, imagination is the limit.
So if we all put our thinking caps on we could make our 5th festival explosive!!!!! (Not literally....:)
Anyone wants to contribute to the festival in any way let me or Renee know.
Nigel and Gavin (and Chris) loved "Rockets" today. Chris has made a home launcher and they are all out side launching. Thanks Bryce! (I mean that sincerely not sarcastically)
Post a Comment
Whaddya think?