Thursday, June 3, 2010

Raise Your Hand If You Feel Completely Organized as a Homey

Join the crowd of people who didn't put their hand up! The other day, I searched high and low for the book that contains a picture of the craft I wanted to suggest for next week. I've only had the book for a week and a half — but I couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't figure out where it possibly could have got to. (It turns out I'd already put it in my basket, but then didn't take my basket to school with me. Alas, I am too organized!! Not.)

When I visited Joanne's home yesterday to discuss Lauren's report card, she showed me a lovely cabinet near the dining table where Lauren (mostly) does her learning work (almost) every day. In this cabinet are four shelves, each with a different purpose.

From top to bottom are shelves for: 
  1. Joanne's books and Lauren's books
  2. manipulatives and other learning materials
  3. learning games
  4. art supplies
Aprons for art and other messy homeschooling activities hang on the inside of the cabinet door. The insides of the doors could also be used for pinning up schedules, charts, etc.

When that door closes, "school" is put away for the day — and their dining room becomes a dining room again, with a completely cleared dining table! (I can't remember when I last had a completely cleared anything!)

I wanted to share these photos with you simply because we probably all search for ways to keep our homeschooling stuff organized. If you've got a great system to share, send me a photo of it and I'll post it here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?